7 Tips for businesses over winter
Here is some practical advice for businesses over the winter period.
1. Identify the location of stop cocks/valves inside the premises as well as the main incoming valve in the street. Be sure to advise staff of their location.
2. Avoid storing computer and electronic equipment on the floor.
3. Ensure stock and packaging materials are a minimum of 150mm off the floor in racking or on pallets.
4. Ensure heating systems are given regular maintenance checks and frost stats are operational.
5. Review and update emergency contact lists.
6. Retain insurance company/intermediary details and ensure emergency contact staff have copies.
7. If the business is going to be closed for extended periods of time organise regular inspections during severe weather.
For further information about business insurance or business continuity planning, contact Tony Gibbs on 0118 9165480 or complete one of our enquiry forms.