Love is in the air
So, Valentine’s Day has been and gone, but what should you do to ensure that your precious piece of jewellery is properly protected?
Here are our 6 top tips:
- Don’t forget to notify your broker or insurers of any new acquisitions
- Ensure that you get a professional valuation at least every three years to ensure that your items is are not under-insured
- For safekeeping provide you broker with a copy of valuations and also take photographs of expensive items
- Have the clasps and settings of major items checked every year
- Have your jewellery cleaned professionally to avoid damage which could result in a reduction in value
- If possible keep items that are not being worn in a suitable safe
For more information about how to protect jewellery contact Paul Macbeth on 0118 9165480 or complete one of our enquiry forms.