Cyber Liability Insurance
Cyber liability insurance: protecting your business online
Cyber liability insurance plugs the gap common in many standard insurance policies when it comes to online protection from email, internet and IT networks abuse or misuse. It’s recommended for any computer-based business with an internet presence that sends and receives information by email, downloads documents or holds personal or sensitive data.
Also referred to as Internet Liability Insurance or Online Liability Insurance, Cyber Liability Insurance protects against compensation claims arising from:
- staff misuse of company email (for which you are responsible), or the content on your website or blog, that defames or libels a third party
- system damage caused by viruses or malware you may have transmitted (unknowingly) via email or the internet
- security breaches that give unauthorised access to confidential data
- financial losses caused by the failure of a company website, the collapse of your internet provider or the work of computer hackers
Why you should consider it:
- Provides specialised protection often not included in general liability policies
- Protects your financial interests against the greater risks associated with a high profile online presence, even if a claim against you is invalid
- Minimises the disruption to your business of managing your way back to normality in the event of any incident
To discuss your cyber liability insurance options, or to obtain a quote, call us now on 0118 9165480 or email us.