Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional indemnity insurance: protection for service providers, consultants and professional advisers
Professional indemnity insurance is necessary protection for any business that provides services, or professional advice, to clients, such as architects, accountants, solicitors and consultants.
It protects against compensation claims arising from:
- the dishonesty of your employees, partners or directors
- negligence (or breaches of duty of care)
- the unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights
- the loss of documents or data
Professional indemnity insurance covers the costs of defending these claims so you won’t be liable for any legal fees or, should you lose the case, the cost of putting things right or paying financial compensation.
Why you should consider it
- Provides peace-of-mind financial protection for your business even in the event of an invalid claim. In certain circumstances it also covers fees owed by a client who refuses to pay because of your negligent act and threatens to counter-claim should you pursue what’s owed to you.
- Minimises disruption to your business in the event of a claim against you
- May be required for regulatory or contractual compliance
- Enhances your business’s reputation as a professional firm
To discuss your professional indemnity insurance options, or to obtain a quote, call us now on 0118 9165480 or email us.