A staff perk that also benefits your business
When employees take time off due to ill health, it has a big impact on your business – from the drop in productivity to the cost of sick pay and hiring extra staff to provide cover. Group Health Insurance is designed to get people back to work as quickly as possible. And because staff see it as a valuable perk, you also have a highly effective incentive when it comes to recruitment and retention.
What is Group Health Insurance?
Also known as Group Private Medical Insurance, Group Health Insurance is an employee healthcare scheme that gives staff who are ill or injured access to quality medical care without the usual NHS queues. Your policy can include a range of healthcare benefits – from full cancer cover, consultant fees and outpatient visits to dental and optical cover, alternative therapies and discounts for fitness clubs and equipment.
"At Macbeth we specialise in corporate policies like Group Health Insurance. Our approach is simple, combining an honest assessment of your requirements with a clear explanation of all the options available to you. As an Independent Financial Adviser, we have access to the entire insurance market – so we can find the best overall solution that gives you the cover you need at the most competitive price."
- Simon Claxton, financial services specialist at Macbeth
How Group Health Insurance works
You can set up a Group Health Insurance scheme in a number of different ways. With some schemes you’ll pay the premiums on behalf of your employees while other schemes will cost your business nothing.
To help you decide how your Group Health Insurance scheme is set up, one of our specialist brokers can explain the different options in detail, highlighting the benefits of each approach.
- Company paid scheme – choose a policy that provides the level of cover your employees need at a price you can afford
- Corporate voluntary scheme – for employees who opt into the scheme, premiums can be deducted from their salary through your payroll
Group Health Insurance is designed to get people back to work as quickly as possible.
Why you should consider Group Health Insurance
- Group Health Insurance is a cost-effective way to reward staff and boost productivity. It’s seen as one of the most beneficial perks, for both your business and its employees.
- With access to private healthcare, employees can get treatment and return to work more quickly.
- At Macbeth we work with insurers who offer a range of private medical insurance plans with a variety of benefits – so we can tailor a policy to suit any business and budget.
The future of property markets in towns and citiesRead more
Art Restoration, It’s all in the eyes!Read more
Back to Office Life, Slowly.Read more
Coming to the end of your interest-free equity loan periodRead more
The power of children’s critical illness insuranceRead more
Look beyond the price of your protection policyRead more
An insurance brokers tips when placing High Net Worth InsuranceRead more
Insurance rates on the rise!Read more
What is the value of Intellectual Property?Read more
Technology – Understanding your contractual liabilityRead more
"Simon has looked after our Group Healthcare for a number of years now providing us with great service. Because Macbeth are whole of market advisers I have complete confidence with regard to our pricing at renewal time knowing that Simon and his team will ensure that we have the right cover at the most competitive rates possible.”