A staff perk that also benefits your business
When employees take time off due to ill health, it has a big impact on your business – from the drop in productivity to the cost of sick pay and hiring extra staff to provide cover. Group Health Insurance is designed to get people back to work as quickly as possible. And because staff see it as a valuable perk, you also have a highly effective incentive when it comes to recruitment and retention.
What is Group Health Insurance?
Also known as Group Private Medical Insurance, Group Health Insurance is an employee healthcare scheme that gives staff who are ill or injured access to quality medical care without the usual NHS queues.
Your policy can include a range of healthcare benefits – from full cancer cover, consultant fees and outpatient visits to dental and optical cover, alternative therapies and discounts for fitness clubs and equipment.
How Group Health Insurance works
You can set up a Group Health Insurance scheme in a number of different ways. With some schemes you’ll pay the premiums on behalf of your employees while other schemes will cost your business nothing.
Explore how best to create a Group Health Insurance policy
- Company paid scheme – choose a policy that provides the level of cover your employees need at a price you can afford
- Corporate voluntary scheme – for employees who opt into the scheme, premiums can be deducted from their salary through your payroll
Group Health Insurance is designed to get people back to work as quickly as possible.
Why you should consider Group Health Insurance
- Group Health Insurance is a cost-effective way to reward staff and boost productivity. It’s seen as one of the most beneficial perks, for both your business and its employees.
- With access to private healthcare, employees can get treatment and return to work more quickly.
- At Macbeth we work with insurers who offer a range of private medical insurance plans with a variety of benefits – so we can tailor a policy to suit any business and budget.
Estate planning & Inheritance TaxRead more
Employers Liability Insurance – Bale twine causes £7,500,000 injury claim.Read more
Coronavirus – Business Interruption InsuranceRead more
App Developers InsuranceRead more
Watch & Jewellery Insurance – Are You Under Insured?Read more
The difference between product recall and product guarantee insuranceRead more
Total Recall – The Pain of a Product Recall and the Benefits of Product Recall InsuranceRead more
The grass is always greener – or is it?Read more
Insuring Huf Haus, Baufritz and WeberHaus BuildingsRead more
A new chapter for Macbeth as we acquire CMJ – a personal note from PaulRead more
"Simon has looked after our Group Healthcare for a number of years now providing us with great service. Because Macbeth are whole of market advisers I have complete confidence with regard to our pricing at renewal time knowing that Simon and his team will ensure that we have the right cover at the most competitive rates possible.”