Excuse the pun but something has been simmering in the world of pubs and restaurants insurance!
Insurance premiums in this the pub and restaurant sector have been increasing steadily over the last few years as insurance companies try and address a market trend where claims are hitting profitability. It’s rumoured that some insurers are looking at premium hikes of 25%, just for starters (sorry pun number 2)
So what can you do to make sure that you avoid these pub and restaurant insurance increases?
• A robust health & safety policy and training is key to reduce the likelihood of employers liability claims.
• A thought out recruitment process where references are checked can weed out employees who could be potential serial claimers.
• Although not always popular, CCTV can also reduce employers’ liability claims as well.
• The regular maintaining/cleaning of kitchen ducting can help reduce the fire risk and may well be a condition within the insurance policy (check that it is as these conditions can differ greatly between insurers).
• Make sure that menus are clear and highlight any foods that could trigger an allergic reaction (Products Liability).
Macbeth have access to a range of insurers that can cater for a single pub or restaurant right through to pub and restaurants insurance for a large chain.
For those restaurants that have experienced a premium increase or who are unhappy with their existing pub and restaurant insurance and want to discuss, please feel free to make contact with Tony Gibbs on 0118 9165485 or complete our enquiry form.