Office Insurance- Use our checklist to avoid gaps in your cover

Below is a list of the most common items covered under an office insurance policy. Some of the items are blatantly obvious others items could slip the net.  Some of the additional covers will vary for insurer to insurer, so it is best to ask for some expert independent advice from a chartered broker.

Buildings Insurance (if the building is owned)

Tenants Improvements (If the building is rented)

General office contents (Any expensive art work should be listed separately)

Office based computers

Portable computers

Specialist equipment (i.e. test equipment, surveying equipment, cameras etc.)

Exhibition stands

Business Interruption (either loss of income or increase cost of working)

Public liability

Employer’s liability

Money cover

Terrorism cover (optional cover)

Legal expenses (some insurers offer as an optional extension some include automatically)

Personal accident cover (optional cover)

Fidelity insurance (optional cover)

Breakdown cover (some insurers include as standard)

For more information on office insurance, contact Tony Gibbs on 0118 916 5485 or complete one of our enquiry forms

If you’ve found this article helpful, please share this with your network by using the social media buttons below.


Author: Tony Gibbs | April 25, 2013

Contact the author

Related Articles

Talk to us today: Reading: 0118 916 5480 London: 020 7036 8767