Offshore Liability Insurance

Over the last few years it has been common practice for offshore contactors to set up limited liability companies. In the majority, these are one man band operations where the owner is the sole employee.

Oil companies will typically be looking for these companies to carry public liability, employer’s liability and in some cases professional indemnity insurance.

We are often asked the question “Is employers’ liability really necessary?” The situation is that if, providing these companies have just one director and no other direct employees or sub-contractors, there is no legal requirement for employer’s liability insurance.

As employer’s liability can be a costly for offshore work, there maybe scope to save on premium by excluding employer’s liability from the insurance programme.

Macbeth have access to a number of facilities and offshore Liability is aimed at contractors working at oil refineries, wind-farms, offshore rigs and the like.

For further information in respect of offshore liability insurance, contact Tony Gibbs on 0118 9165 485, or complete one off our enquiry forms.

*Information correct as of 1st May 2016

Author: Tony Gibbs | April 10, 2012

Contact the author

Related Articles

Talk to us today: Reading: 0118 916 5480 London: 020 7036 8767