Custom-made protection for complete peace of mind
When your property and possessions reach a certain value, standard home insurance may not provide the cover you need. To ensure your assets are protected, it’s worth using a specialist broker to arrange High-Value Home and Contents Insurance on your behalf – so you never have to worry about being underinsured.
What is High-Value Home and Contents Insurance?
High-Value Home and Contents Insurance provides bespoke cover for anyone with a property valued in excess of £750,000 and contents exceeding £150,000. You can also use this type of policy to insure single items or large collections of valuable jewellery, fine art or antiques. Each policy is underwritten on its own merit, giving you greater flexibility and fewer exclusions. You also benefit from a first-class service from insurers whose claims philosophy is client focused.
"Most high net worth individuals use a chartered broker like Macbeth to handle their insurance requirements. Our specialist team can help identify the risks to your property and possessions before presenting them in the best possible light to insurers. As well as arranging the most suitable policy for you, we can help you source up-to-date valuations and advise you on ways to reduce risk, such as security enhancements. We’ll also be on hand 24/7 to provide expert support if you ever have to make a claim."
– Carl Sharp, High-Value Home and Contents Insurance specialist at Macbeth
How High-Value Home and Contents Insurance protects you
Tailored to your individual circumstances, High-Value Home and Contents Insurance provides superior cover with a much wider scope than a standard household policy, making it ideal for more complex requirements.
Fewer restrictions. No-quibble claims. Cover that crosses continents. High-Value Home and Contents Insurance is the obvious choice for discerning homeowners who want to protect all their assets with a single policy.
- Bespoke buildings and contents insurance – including worldwide cover for contents, whatever their value, and alternative accommodation on a par with your own property
- Wider scope of cover – your policy can include second homes, holiday homes, rental properties, cars and yachts
- Warranty-free policies – if you forget to set your alarm or lock your door, you’ll still be covered
- Higher single item limits – you only have to specify items of jewellery that exceed £10,000 in value and pieces of fine art or antiques in excess of £25,000
- Simplified claims process – you can insure valuable items on an agreed value basis, so there are no settlement negotiations if you have to make a claim
A specialist chartered broker will help you get the best value and most appropriate insurance to protect your home and possessions.
Why you should consider High-Value Home and Contents Insurance
- An estimated 1 in 5 homes in the UK is underinsured. Wealthier homeowners are more likely to be at risk, but most don’t realise until they come to make a claim.
- Large swings in the value of jewellery, art and antiques can result in a significant shortfall in your contents cover.
- All your assets can be covered by a single policy with one renewal date, making life a lot easier.
- As your point of contact for quotations, adjustments and claims, a specialist chartered broker will help you get the best value and most appropriate insurance to protect your home and possessions.
- If you own an ultra-modern property such as a Huf Haus, you may fall outside the parameters of a standard household policy.
- A specialist policy offers flexible payment options – so you can spread the cost with a monthly direct debit that’s interest free.
5% Deposit mortgage. Benefits for first-time buyersRead more
Mortgages for Self-Employed – Computer Says No!Read more
‘Closer to You’ Campaign by Ecclesiastical – Donating £2,500Read more
How much is your wardrobe worth?Read more
Insurance Age Interview: Industry Leader in Logistics and Freight RisksRead more
A new chapter for Macbeth as we acquire Peter Lole – a personal note from PaulRead more
Private Health Insurance RebatesRead more
First Time Buyers – 5 things to consider before buying your first homeRead more
Ben Butler appointed Managing Director at MacbethRead more
How safe is your safe?Read more
"I was recommended to Macbeth through a mutual contact and I have been very impressed with the excellent personal service, and honest professional advice, that has been provided. I’m comfortable knowing that I have the right insurance in place and that I’m in safe hands should the worst happen, which is after all, why we have insurance. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Macbeth."