Get the cover you need – no more, no less
Insuring a commercial property is a tricky business. If you’re not careful, you run the risk of being underinsured. Or you could end up paying for cover you don’t need. To help you strike the right balance, specialist commercial property insurance brokers like Macbeth can make sure your policy gives you complete protection with no unnecessary or duplicated cover.
What is Commercial Property Insurance?
Commercial Property Insurance provides cover that’s tailored to the way a building is used, whether it’s a factory or shop, office block or residential building. You can also get cover for unoccupied properties, buildings constructed of non-standard materials and properties at high risk of flooding or subsidence.
“Whether you run a business from premises that you own or you’re a commercial landlord letting properties to different companies, you'll need a dedicated Commercial Property Insurance policy to protect your most valuable asset – bricks and mortar.”
- Catherine Smith, Commercial Property Insurance specialist at Macbeth
How Commercial Property Insurance protects you
Commercial Property Insurance covers all the risks you face when you’re responsible for a commercial building – everything from fires and explosions to break-ins and accidents. Policies can be arranged on behalf of freeholders, property managers, agents, investors, developers, residents’ associations, Right to Manage (RTM) companies and HMO landlords.
Make sure that the commercial property you own is covered by a policy that takes all the ‘what ifs’ into account.
- Commercial Property Insurance covers the cost to repair or rebuild commercial premises after a fire, earthquake, explosion, subsidence or accidental damage. Every part of the building is covered, including communal areas, fixtures and fittings, glass, cables and underground pipework.
- Your policy will also cover your liabilities in terms of employee or public use of the building, including the cost to defend a liability claim following an accident.
- If your property is rendered unfit for occupation, you’re covered for loss of rent and/or the cost of alternative accommodation.
- Cover can be arranged for a single Commercial Property, or a larger Property Portfolio under one policy.
- Non-standard, residential and mixed-use buildings can also be considered.
We have access to several insurers who can provide cover for most unoccupied property risks.
Why you should consider Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance meets the requirements of mortgage lenders and other financial loan providers.
- A tailored policy provides the right level of protection – so you don’t have to worry about being underinsured or overinsured.
- Arranging competitive insurance for unoccupied commercial properties can be a challenge for many brokers. Macbeth have access to several insurers who can provide cover for most unoccupied property risks.
- Cover can also be arranged to include landlords contents or contents of communal parts, depending on your requirements.
The grass is always greener – or is it?Read more
Right To Manage Business Building InsuranceRead more
Director and Officer Insurance for RTM propertiesRead more
4 Tips For Insuring Blocks Of FlatsRead more
Commercial Property Owners – Water Damage Remains The Most Likely Cause Of A ClaimRead more
Commercial Property Insurance – Tips to avoid under-insuranceRead more
"I was recommended to Macbeth for developers insurance and I am extremely happy with their excellent advice and service. They understand our requirements and explain the types of insurance that we needed in clear and simple terms. I am delighted with the insurance programme in place and I look forward to working with Macbeth in the future. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Macbeth to any discerning property investor or developer looking for an honest, reliable and effective insurance broker."