Why every family should think the unthinkable
Imagine losing a big chunk of your household income – or being left to bring up your children on your own. When you consider the consequences of a partner becoming seriously ill or dying, it’s alarming how many couples and families don’t have any kind of Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover to protect them.
What is Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover?
Life Insurance pays a tax-free lump sum or a regular income if the policyholder dies. Critical Illness Cover does the same if a serious illness is diagnosed or the policyholder becomes totally and permanently disabled.
You can set up Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover to run for a fixed number of years or the rest of your life. And cover is based on your general health, whether you smoke and your family’s medical history.
How Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover protects you
Whether you’re buying your first home as a couple, starting a family or making plans to retire, having Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover gives you peace of mind that the bills will be paid if something happens to a breadwinner in the family.
- When a partner dies – the money from a Life Insurance policy can be used for any purpose such as paying off a mortgage or covering the cost of childcare and school fees
- When an illness or disability is diagnosed – you may need the lump sum payment or regular income provided by Critical Illness Cover to arrange long-term nursing care or make alterations to your home
- Combined life and critical illness cover – a comprehensive policy will give your family the ultimate level of protection
Review your situation at key stages in your life so that you and your family are always protected.
Why you should consider Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
- A life-threatening or long-term illness often causes even more financial hardship than death. Critical Illness Cover can help to relieve some of the strain during the treatment and recovery period
- It’s important to review your situation at key stages in your life – so you and your family are always protected if the worst should happen
- We can make sure your policy is set up properly, potentially using a trust for tax efficiency. In many cases the right trust can protect payments from potential inheritance tax and ensure that the money goes to the appropriate beneficiary as quickly as possible
Insuring Huf Haus, Baufritz and WeberHaus BuildingsRead more
Boom in Inheritance Tax ReceiptsRead more
Simplifying a Help to Buy RemortgageRead more
Joint Borrower Sole Proprietor Mortgage (JBSP) – Lending a Helping HandRead more
Your Mortgage – Don’t be PrisonerRead more
Equity Release – Things to look our forRead more
Japenese Knotweed Indemnity InsuranceRead more
Architect, Builder Insurance – Home Works InsuranceRead more
The value of an Insurance BrokerRead more
A Brief Guide to Buying, Remortaging and Protecting your HomeRead more
"Simon has looked after our Group Healthcare for a number of years now providing us with great service. Because Macbeth are whole of market advisers I have complete confidence with regard to our pricing at renewal time knowing that Simon and his team will ensure that we have the right cover at the most competitive rates possible.”