When standard home insurance falls short
Insuring a Huf Haus can be a challenge. Unfamiliar with this type of property, many insurance companies will either refuse to provide cover or charge exorbitant premiums and excesses, especially for glass. Thankfully, a bespoke solution is now available for Huf Haus owners who don’t want to pay a small fortune to protect their home.
What’s our approach to Huf Haus Insurance?
When we were asked to arrange insurance for our first Huf Haus we were surprised by the number of insurers who turned us down. More than 10 years on, we work with a panel of specialist insurers who understand the needs of Huf Haus owners and are prepared to provide flexible cover with generous limits – all at a competitive price.
Recommended by Huf Haus and the Huf Haus Owners Club, we now insure more than 90 Huf Haus properties – and we’ve successfully handled more than 20 Huf Haus claims over the past 10 years. We can also insure other prefabricated homes such as Hanse Haus, Baufritz, Scandia-Hus, Meisterstueck Haus and WeberHaus.
How Huf Haus Insurance protects you
Huf Haus Insurance is a specialist home and contents policy with extra features such as no excess for accidental damage to glass. Most importantly, in the event of a claim you’re covered for Huf Haus approved parts and contract work.
- Glass cover – there’s no excess for claims related to glass breakages or damage
- Specialist repairs – all contract work and replacement parts and products are Huf House approved
- Worldwide ‘all risks’ cover – for contents, personal effects, art, antiques and jewellery
A Huf Haus requires specialist cover because only Huf Haus can repair or rebuild the property.
Why you should consider Huf Haus Insurance
- Because a Huf Haus is constructed from prefabricated timber and glass, it doesn’t fall into the widely used, but heavily restricted, description of ‘standard construction’ recognised by most insurance companies.
- A standard home insurance policy will always require two estimates for repairs and go with the cheapest. Like a listed building, a Huf Haus requires specialist cover because only Huf Haus can repair or rebuild the property.
- Constructed to a very high standard, a Huf Haus can be expensive to rebuild – so it’s worth finding a specialist insurer who will cater for higher value homes, preferably one who is prepared to carry out a rebuilding valuation of the property.
- Huf Haus Insurance can include a guaranteed rebuilding cost known as Extended Replacement – so you don’t have to worry about the impact of exchange rate fluctuations.
- With standard home insurance policies, the excess for Huf Haus glass claims can be as high as £1,000. And the design of most Huf Haus window locks proves problematic for many insurers who insist that key operated locks are fitted to all accessible windows.
Insuring Huf Haus, Baufritz and WeberHaus BuildingsRead more
Architect, Builder Insurance – Home Works InsuranceRead more
Permitted Development – What Can You Do?Read more
What Is The Difference Between Home & High Net Worth Home Insurance?Read more
Do You Have A Property Insurance Shortfall?Read more
Don’t Let Storm Brian Ruin Your Weekend | MacbethRead more
Contemporary Home InsuranceRead more
What where the key Huf Haus claims of the past 24 months?Read more
Firework Night Tips – Home InsuranceRead more
Watch Out For Gonzola!!Read more
“We shopped around this year as our usual insurer had increased our premiums substantially for the last 2 years. Carl at Macbeth’s was very easy to deal with. He did as he promised and succeeded in providing increased cover at a substantial discount on what we had been quoted. He answered all of our queries promptly and clearly and ensured that any unusual Huf Haus features were covered”
Huf Haus Owner
"Having previously been insured with Zurich and Chubb we were very happy with Carl’s recommendation in both financial and practical terms. We also found his attention to detail and understanding of our needs to be excellent. We would certainly recommend Carl for Huf Haus or, I suspect, any other high value, non-standard insurance purposes."