How smaller premiums can buy you better protection
From heirlooms lost in a house move to gifts stolen from a hotel room, we deal with more jewellery and watch claims than anything else. To make sure our clients have the right level of protection for a realistic price, we take a unique approach to insuring these valuable items.
What’s our approach to Jewellery and Watch Insurance?
At Macbeth we don’t insure jewellery and watches in isolation. Instead we include them within a High-Value Home and Contents Insurance policy. As well as providing competitively priced cover compared to a standalone valuable items policy, it’s an ideal solution for anyone who needs more generous cover limits than you get with standard home and contents insurance.
"Obtaining a valuation that affirms your jewellery’s current value is an excellent way to ensure that your property is properly protected. Insurers will generally request that expensive items are valued every two years to ensure that the insured value remains accurate."
– Nicola Bonham, High Net Worth specialist at Macbeth
How our approach to Jewellery and Watch Insurance protects you
When we include single items or collections of expensive jewellery and watches within a High-Value Home and Contents Insurance policy, everything is covered for unrestricted worldwide use and ‘mysterious disappearance’. And, if you have to make a claim, you’ll be able to choose from various settlement options.
We can arrange an insurance policy that provides the right level of cover, taking account of the way you use your valuable watches and jewellery.
- Unrestricted worldwide cover – for accidental loss, damage and theft
- Mysterious disappearance – you can even make a claim if you don’t know how or when an item was lost
- Settlement options – some insurers will provide cash settlements without any deductions
Our insurers will let you choose a company to repair or replace a damaged or lost item, which is vital if you’ve had a bespoke piece of jewellery designed and made for you.
Why you should consider our approach to Jewellery and Watch Insurance
- Including jewellery and watches within a High-Value Home and Contents Insurance policy reduces costs and increases the overall cover.
- Unlike most home insurance providers, our insurers will let you choose a company to repair or replace a damaged or lost item, which is vital if you’ve had a bespoke piece of jewellery designed and made for you.
- Specialist insurance gives you flexibility over how to settle your claim – and you can expect matters to be resolved very quickly.
- Some High-Value Home Insurance policies provide protection against unforeseen increases in value, as long as you’ve had items valued within the last three years.
How safe is your safe?Read more
Art Restoration, It’s all in the eyes!Read more
An insurance brokers tips when placing High Net Worth InsuranceRead more
What Is The Difference Between Home Insurance and High Net Worth Home Insurance?Read more
Insuring Huf Haus, Baufritz and WeberHaus BuildingsRead more
Architect, Builder Insurance – Home Works InsuranceRead more
Permitted Development – What Can You Do?Read more
Do You Have A Property Insurance Shortfall?Read more
Don’t Let Storm Brian Ruin Your Weekend | MacbethRead more
Is Your Jewellery Collection Underinsured?Read more
"Macbeth is one of the most professional organisations I have come across in the insurance industry. They listen to your requirements and then ensure that you get what you actually need which let's face it, is not always the case. The team at Macbeth offer you the Rolls Royce of insurance advice. Nothing is ever too much hassle for them and they are always at the end of the phone or email when you have a question."