Don’t let a slip-up be your downfall
We all make mistakes. But in a world where a widespread blame culture is driving a surge in lawsuits, the cost of human error can cripple your business if you’re not protected by Professional Indemnity Insurance.
What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Professional Indemnity Insurance covers your business for compensation claims made by clients and other third parties.
Sometimes referred to as Professional Liability Insurance, this type of policy is essential for companies that provide advice and other professional services. It’s also becoming increasingly important in the digital world, providing vital protection for technology companies, app developers and businesses that trade through online marketplaces.
How Professional Indemnity Insurance protects you
Professional Indemnity Insurance will cover the cost to defend a lawsuit brought against your business. You’re also covered for any compensation or damages awarded to the claimant if you lose the case.
With a range of cover options, including cyber liability, a professional indemnity policy can be tailored to suit your specific requirements.
- Extensive cover – as well as professional negligence, your policy includes everything from a breach of contract, misrepresentation and the unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights to character defamation, the dishonesty of employees, partners or directors, and the loss of documents or data
- Tailored protection – not only can your cover include specific contract requirements, it can even be arranged retrospectively
- Cyber liability – you can extend Professional Indemnity Insurance to cover third party claims for financial losses resulting from data theft, problems accessing your website, and a hacker attack or virus that comes from your system
Professional Indemnity Insurance is essential for companies that provide advice and other professional services.
Why you should consider Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Having Professional Indemnity Insurance minimises the disruption to your business if a claim is made against you.
- If you trade in foreign markets, the risks are even greater – so it’s important to have specialist protection that covers the right geographical and jurisdictional areas.
- Some policies also cover the fees owed by a client who refuses to pay and threatens to counter-claim if you pursue payment.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance is a great business enabler. As well as demonstrating professionalism to potential clients, it may be an essential requirement for regulatory or contractual compliance. Membership of an accreditation scheme will also typically require a minimum level of professional indemnity cover.
- Keeping a professional indemnity policy running will protect you against any claims that are made after a contract has ended.
Products Liability Insurance for Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)Read more
Research & Development Insurance for Specialist Manufacturers, Innovators & TechnologistsRead more
Medical Device Products Liability Insurance – Covid19Read more
Business Protection – Key Person InsuranceRead more
A Week of LessonsRead more
Our Response to the Coronavirus OutbreakRead more
Organisational Resilience – Dealing With A Disease OutbreakRead more
Employers Liability Insurance – Bale twine causes £7,500,000 injury claim.Read more
Coronavirus – Business Interruption InsuranceRead more
App Developers InsuranceRead more
"The best of our alternative quotes were not only considerably cheaper than our existing broker, but were specifically tailored to the technology sector. Needless to say I would encourage others looking for excellent service and value to speak to Macbeth regarding all aspects of insurance, we are certainly pleased that we did"