You can keep your Golden Globes Hollywood, January is all about the BIFA awards.
Yes it might feel like we’ve only just finished tucking into our Christmas pudding, but January has rolled around once again, and here we are straight into award season!
On January 19th the prestigious BIFA Freight Service Awards took place in the City of London, an event and organisation we are continuously proud to be associated with.
We have been sponsoring the Project Forwarding Award since 2011, an award which recognises the complex planning and co-ordination of unique movements across the world, by our exceptional associates in the freight industry.
This year we were delighted to see Deugro Ltd take home the award for their gallant trek to successfully deliver consignments of plant and machinery, from around the world, to be constructed in Vietnam to build a petrochemical complex.
We had such a wonderful time celebrating all the winners, and we have the photos to prove it!
Freight for thought
Cargo damage is the most frequent cause of loss, according to a recent report by Allianz Global Corporate & Speciality. “The number of fires on board large vessels has increased significantly in recent years, with a string of incidents involving cargo, which can easily lead to the total loss of a vessel or environmental damage,” said Régis Broudin, AGCS global head of marine claims. “At the same time, the shipping sector is also having to deal with many other challenges including a growing number of disruptive scenarios; supply chain issues, inflation, time-pressured crew members and employees, increasing losses and damages from extreme weather events, implementing new low-carbon technology and fossil fuels, as well as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Freight liability insurance provides legal liability protection for the loss and damage of goods in accordance with standard trading conditions, international conventions, statues and liability at common law. Cover can be provided for supply chain management and pick and pack operations. It can also be extended to include cover for contracts which require increased or enhanced levels of liability.
What are the benefits of freight liability insurance?
- Legal liability protection for the loss and damage of goods in accordance with standard trading conditions
- Includes liability under international conventions and statutes such as CMR and also under common law
- Cover provided for consequential loss
- Extension available for any owned, hired or leased equipment such as trailers and containers
- Advice provided on insuring contracts and tenders which require increased or enhanced levels of liability
- Cover can be extended to include additional operations such as: Own Vehicle Carriage, Supply Chain Management, Port and Terminal Operators, Stevedores, Ships Agents, NVOCC
- Specialist policies or extensions available for: Charterers’ Liability (excluded under Freight Liability) T-Form Liability
Why choose Freight Liability Insurance with Macbeth?
We operate our own unique freight liability insurance policy that can include high risk goods, non-standard and special cargoes. It includes cover for errors and omissions, negligent acts and clerical errors such as the misdirection or mis delivery of goods. As an associate member of BIFA and part of their Legal and Insurance Policy Group, we work closely with clients to provide best advice in accordance with their Terms of Business or Purchase (Incoterms).
Because we understand the complexities of your business, we can help with your insurance requirements every step of the way. Contact our experts on 01628 532613 today for advice.
Source: Insurance Business UK