Most high net worth policyholders prefer to use a broker to handle their insurance requirements. To get the best value and most appropriate insurance to protect your home and possessions, your choice of broker is important.
An insurance broker will help identify and present your risks, suggest improvements for reducing your premium, obtain bespoke quotes from insurance companies and assist you in making claims.
Ask questions to ensure the broker has enough experience in high value home insurance, such as:
– Will the broker provide help and support when you make a claim?
– Can the broker find the most appropriate cover for your needs?
– What experience does the broker have in this area?
– What recommendations or references can the broker offer that show they can help you?
– Will the broker help you obtain valuations or advise you on improving your security?
– Does the broker provide you with an emergency out of office hour’s telephone number?
A specialist high net worth broker will take time to talk with you and identify your needs. They will then create a bespoke presentation of your risk and send to insurers. If they understand your risk they are more likely to know the most relevant insurers to approach. The more time a broker spends talking with you, the more accurate and competitive the quotation will be.
The UK’s largest insurance industry body is the British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA). BIBA members treat customers fairly and work to achieve your best interests so they will:
– Ask you about your insurance needs so they can search for a suitable policy
– Make your choices clear by telling you the range of products they offer
– Explain any professional advice they give to you – clearly and honestly
– Make sure you understand what is, and is not, covered by your policy
To learn more please contact Carl Sharp on 0118 916 5487.
*Information correct as of 1st May 2016