Public Liability Insurance
Public liability insurance: protection against compensation claims
Public liability insurance is recommended for any business whose employees are required to work at a client’s home or business premises, or which welcomes members of the public or customers on to their own premises.
It protects against compensation claims arising from:
- injuries to third parties or damage to their property caused by your negligence, or that of your staff or any sub-contractors employed by you
Public liability insurance covers the legal fees and associated costs involved in defending a claim plus the award of any damages against you, including any costs the NHS may claim relating to ambulance call-out and hospital treatment.
Why you should consider it:
- Provides peace-of-mind financial protection for your business even in the event of an invalid claim
- May be compulsory depending on the nature of your business – a horse riding stables, for instance
- Often required by customers or potential customers as a necessary contractual requirement before they engage you
- Enhances your business’s reputation as a professional firm
To discuss your public liability insurance options, or to obtain a quote, call us now on 0118 9165480 or email us.