We’re a client-first business with a passion for building long-term relationships with our clients and partners. Our business is about people and relationships, an ethos which is at the heart of our values-led vision, driven by real investment in our talented team.
We’ve worked hard to build a culture that engages and inspires our employees, as recognised by our 2 star outstanding rating from Best Companies. We were also recently recognised in the national league of the Top 25 best small companies to work for and voted the number 1 company to work for in the insurance industry.
You will be looking after the day-to-day operation of all claims, liaising with colleagues, underwriters, insurer, and clients, maintaining a high level of customer service. Claims can be across our Private Client, Commercial and Marine portfolio so no day is the same. You will be able to take charge of and organise existing claims administration, from taking calls to handling and resolving claims. You will work as part of a Claims team across our Theale and Marlow offices as required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Advise customers on appropriate course of action following notification of an incident and/or on receipt of their claim.
- Assist clients with enquiries relating to claims, either by direct involvement with the insurer concerned, if appropriate, or providing contact names and telephone numbers for clients own direct contact.
- Chase outstanding claims regularly as appropriate.
- Ensure all systems and files are kept up to date with accurate records and reports as required.
- Notify the Head of Claims and the relevant exec of large or significant claims upon receipt and keep them informed of progress and any issues.
Previous claims handling experience would be beneficial but applications from candidates with insurance or financial services backgrounds looking for a change.
As every day is different you will be willing to learn and develop your career, and the opportunity to study or further study for your CII qualifications.
The right candidate will have strong accuracy and attention to detail skills with the ability to work on their own initiative. Good numeracy and literacy skills.
With a comprehensive benefits package.
Our four core values are the guiding standards and principles that shape the culture and behaviour of our organization. These values are at the core of everything we do, and they guide our decisions and actions on a daily basis:
- Credible – We’re honest, and jargon free. We keep things clear and factual, so the client always knows where they stand.
- Energetic – We’re committed, and we’ll never apologise for our enthusiasm! We’re energetic about what we do because it helps our clients stay risk free.
- Entrepreneurial – We’re proud of our collaborative culture and we always encourage new ideas. It’s how we can be really responsive whilst also improving.
- Attentive – Our business isn’t really about insurance and finances; it’s about people and relationships. We’re good at finding out what our clients need, and why so much of our business comes from referrals.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Apply at email@example.com and join our dynamic claims team.